Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two Down...(several more to go)

Well, my first two classes are finished. I didn't think I wanted to take a summer class, but decided at the last minute to work it out and take two classes (one at a time) to get my feet wet and get back in the school mode. I had no idea that during my second 5 week class, I was going to decide to take another spur of the moment trip back to NYC to see a show with my favorite boy John Gallagher, Jr (the incredible "Jerusalem" with the stunning Mark Rylance....) and also that my friend Stephani and I would spend an incredible night sitting in the front row for "Hair" and ended up on stage for the curtain call. It was an amazing experience, I was on the stage....like for real. Right up there, the same stage that consumed me last summer with Green Day's American Idiot. What a night! So much fun, so much life, such a great whirlwind trip, but I digress. The reality is I took a week off of a 5 week intense English composition class where 60% of my grade revolved around a research paper. A real one, like with actual research! Something I have not done in probably 13 years. It was rough, I worked hard when I got back and so far....my first two classes have been a great start. I am going into my first real semester next week with a 4.0 GPA, I don't know that I have ever done this well in school. I am always second guessing my decision, especially as this new semester starts and Ian will be doing a new online (public school) curriculum. We have never had to answer to anyone in our schooling so this should be an interesting trial run! Chloe has been having the time of her life this summer. She played T-ball, walked across the swinging bridge all by herself (unbeknownst to me...as she had secretly escaped out a back door of a store and I lost her in 3-5 minutes of the WORST panic of my entire life) and got a new swingset in the backyard. Summer is slowly winding down and my favorite season is next....I wonder what it will hold for us!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 4.0. I never had one : (. I love that you have had a fun summer filled with lots of adventure. That is just beautiful : ) Wishing you all the best in your new semester.

    ReplyDelete