Thursday, February 3, 2011

The first post

I don't know why I am starting another blog. I should just update Chloe's Caring Bridge more often, but sometimes it hurts to go there. I know that Cancer never leaves my mind, something always inevitably reminds me...when I post there, I feel hit in the face with it. Of course I will continue to update there, because I know that's the only way some people follow us, but I find it harder and harder to post there after every clinic visit. The reason I felt inspired to post today, is that while visiting my friend Renee's always inspiring and usually entertaining blog http://www.myspecialks.com/ I read that a beautiful little Cancer Warrior, an amazing little girl named Lois, who happened to also have Down Syndrome, lost her battle today. Now I don't know this family, I have never read their blog. But the minute I saw her beautiful little face, my heart just fell to the bottom of my stomach and I felt sick, and weak. I know life isn't fair...I get that already...I have lived it. But sometimes I just want to scream it out! Why??? Why this one? I know there aren't any answers, but I just feel so helpless. My heart aches for this family and I can't, and don't want to imagine that kind of pain. I am grateful for my kids, I am so eternally grateful that they are healthy now and that they spent the day chasing each other around and watching Doctor Who. I don't even know what to say, I don't have any words. I just wanted to say, something. Just put it out there in the universe, that this family just had its world changed forever. Just ask anyone that will ever read this, to think of them, send good thoughts, healing vibes, pray for them...whatever you do...whatever your belief system is. Hold them up in light.http://thedailylois.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I followed you from a post on Enjoying the Small things---I'd say to post this in the old blog with a link to the new one! It's all about new beginnings right? You are allowed and encouraged to keep going. Update periodically to both but keep going here. Like life!

    My son is two with DS and I have all the fears of the unknown future and long term Alzheimers but I love to see the people who go on despite these set backs. Heart issues for half our friends, but so many go on. We love all the stories and know where to read the old and new chapters!

    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of this blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I actually forgot I started this blog! I need to get back on the horse I guess! I love reading Kelle's blog so much, she really reminds me how much I am grateful for the DS community for help, support and friendship!

    ReplyDelete